Senior Research Associate / Bio-Physics Program Manager
Center for Advanced Technologies and Optical Materials BioFrontiers
- Polymer dispersed liquid crystal (PDLC) composites with unique ferroelectric and optical properties.
- Piezoelectric ceramic-polymer hybrid composites for energy harvesting applications.
- Complex nanostructures by self-assembly of amphiphilic block copolymers or template assisted.
- Multiferroic composites (nanostructures, bulk materials and hybrid ceramic-polymer composites).
- Synthesis of ceramic nanoparticles with magnetic, dielectric, piezoelectric or catalytic properties by co-precipitation, sol-gel, microemulsion or microwave assisted hydrothermal methods.
- Electrospun nanofibers (polymeric, ceramic and composite nanofibers).
- Structural, morphological, magnetic, ferroelectric, piezoelectric, dielectric, optical and catalytic characterization.
Honors & Awards
- AAUW International Fellowship from the American Association of University Women.
- Summer visit to the United States for Young Researchers" Fellowship from the Mexican Academy of Sciences and the United States-Mexico Foundation for Science.
- For Women in Science" Award from L'Oréal, UNESCO and the Mexican Academy of Sciences.
- Development of New Materials and Environment Protection Process" Fellowship from the Japan International Cooperation Agency. Highest academic score award, B.S. in Industrial Chemical Engineering from the Technological Institute of Chihuahua.